ACCESS BUS - PUTCO CARING FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITIES
- PUTCO initiated the building of a special access bus for people living with disabilities in 2002.
- The special access bus was designed in our bus body building operation, and is utilizes a loading platform.
- Wheelchairs are secured by load binders to the floor structure.
- Special seating with seat belts on all seats and additional wheel chair storage area are provided.
- There are also coded hand rails and bell finishes for the partially sighted.
- Six access buses are currently being operated, three in the Pretoria / Mpumalanga area and the other three in the Johannesburg area.
- These buses have specially trained crews (two per bus) to assist passengers.
- The buses are designed and operated in consultation with organisations for people living with disabilities.