PUTCO has set equity targets and has a fully functional and representative Employment Equity Consultative Committee:
- We have already implemented the 1st and 2nd phase of our Employment Equity Plan.
- 95.2% of all PUTCO employees are black, of which 8.8% are female.
- PUTCO identified a barrier regarding the entry of women in the bus industry, as historically bus driving has been a male dominated profession.
- We then started to recruit and train female drivers and to date we have a total of 55 female drivers employed at PUTCO.
- We are proud that the winner of the driver of the year competition for 2005 was a female driver from PUTCO.